Sunday 11 March 2012

Taste of Sydney 2012

 Sun shining overhead and a promise of creating our own dream degustation from over 50 dishes, Centennial Park here we come!!
   

A basket full of vibrant tomatoes at the Moraitis stand

The Dog (miniature artisan frankfurter chilli dog)
at Charlie & Co. Diner from chef Justin North. 

Pat and Stick's Ice Cream Sandwich!!!
I devoured a Caramel Pecan one & my sis had the Peppermint Choc-Chip, the biscuits were nice & crunchy and the ice cream packed full of natural flavours.

And then I found this stall.....Sweetness The Patisserie
One large bowl of assorted Sweet Mallows, bags of mallows, sweet mallow sandwiches, blocks of mallows...
Whoopie Pies with Vanilla Bean Mallow filling, slabs of Nougat, Caramel Popcorn, Chocolate dipped Orange slices, Sweet Rocky Road, mini Macarons, G.F Fudge and Chocolate Coated Caramels to name a few.

 
 I bought a mixed bag to take home that included, Sweet Raspberry Mallows, a Red Velvet Whoopie Pie, White Chocolate Rocky Road and I think a Chocolate Raspberry Cake Pop?

Taste of Sydney 2012, had various food & wine stalls, producers markets, pop-up restaurants, and cooking demonstrations, but for me discovering Sweetness The Patisserie made my day.





1 comment: